With twenty percent of all adults experiencing chronic pain1, you likely have many patients who are searching for
effective pain management solutions.
Chronic pain can significantly alter activity level and mobility, resulting in a greatly diminished quality of life.
Acute pain, also, can lead to the inability to work, and can even lead to chronic pain if not effectively and
Platelet-rich plasma therapy, or PRP, offers patients an attractive alternative to pain-reducing drugs,
corticosteroid injections, and invasive surgeries, and boasts a strong safety profile with no known adverse
But how does it work? PRP relieves pain by stimulating the body’s innate healing cascade. When we experience a soft
tissue injury, our body responds by delivering a rush of platelet cells. When these platelets are activated, they
release several types of growth factors that play a fundamental role in cell regeneration and tissue healing.
But PRP takes the natural healing response one step further by separating platelets from other blood components and
concentrating them. This specially prepared platelet-rich plasma contains 5 to 10 times the concentration of
platelets found in whole blood. The concentrated PRP is then delivered into and around the site of injury via
injection, stimulating and significantly strengthening the body’s healing response.
Since PRP is an autologous therapy, using the patient’s own blood product, there is no risk of cross reactivity or
Studies have shown that PRP is effective in reducing lower back pain caused by intervertebral disc degeneration4 and
pain from hip osteoarthritis.5
PRP often results in long-lasting relief of other painful musculoskeletal conditions including:
- Back and neck injuries
- Pelvic pain and instability
- Osteoarthritis of the knee, hip, shoulder, and spine
- Tennis elbow
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Chronic plantar fasciitis6
THE PRP PROCESS
To create a platelet-rich plasma preparation, the following steps are performed:
- A small sample of blood is drawn from the patient and injected into the Dr. PRP blood tube.
- The platelets are then separated from the other blood components and their concentration is increased using
the Dr. PRP centrifuge.
- The resulting platelet-rich plasma is then injected into and around the injured site of the patient.
- The concentrated growth factors contained in the plasma trigger a mild inflammatory response which
effectively jump starts the body’s own natural healing response.
The entire process takes approximately one hour, including preparation and recovery time. For a complete
demonstration of each step of the process, view our instructional video.
The Dr. PRP is an FDA-registered medical device designed to quickly and efficiently prepare patients’ blood for PRP
Our patented design creates high-concentration and high-quality platelet-rich plasma that can be used to stimulate
the healing process. This results in decreased inflammation and tissue regeneration stimulation at the injured site,
effectively treating the cause of the pain, rather than dulling it temporarily.
Reach Out to Learn More
BENEFITS OF DR. PRP
- Completely closed, sterile system.
- Outside air is blocked with a double safety cap.
- Since the processing is completed within the closed system, there is no risk of the PRP becoming
EASY TO USE
- Each kit comes pre-packaged.
- The clear chambers ensure that you can see all the components of the blood sample.
- The buffy coat layer is easily seen in the neck of the device, allowing you to precisely separate the
components into the type of PRP you wish to produce.
- You can even eliminate red blood cells from your final PRP product.
QUICK AND CONVENIENT
- The closed system allows for more treatments in less time.
- Customize your final PRP composition for use in different situations.
- The PRP can and should be administered as soon as you prepare it with our kit – no advanced preparation is
- One kit holds 20 cc of fluid (3 cc of anticoagulant + 17 cc of whole blood) and produces 4 cc of highly
- The platelet recovery percentage of Dr. PRP is higher than the minimum recovery percentage of other similar
products from our competitors.
- Platelets require red and white blood cells to survive long-term. Unlike gel separators that capture the
platelets within the gel, our kit allows you to accurately create consistently efficient PRP at the
concentrations you want.
- Our kit can recover 90% of platelets from a blood sample to produce the highest quality PRP.
- The kit is registered by the US-FDA
- The FDA 510K is pending approval.
- According to the ISO 13485, our kit is made with a thorough gamma-ray sterilization system.
- Made only with biocompatibility-certification completed raw materials.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- One-on-one, in-service training is provided via GoToTraining, FaceTime, or Skype.
- User Manual with photos and descriptions detail how to use your new product, as well as information on PRP
and test results.
- Enroll in our Platelet-Rich Plasma CME Certification course where you can learn cosmetic applications of PRP,
including the PRP Facial and PRP Facelift.
- Order marketing materials and educational brochures for your patients. These brochures explain various
applications of PRP, such as sports medicine and hair regeneration.
- Add your contact information and location to our Directory of PRP Providers.
To view and order Dr. PRP kits and centrifuges, visit our online store.
For questions and to discuss our products in more detail, contact us today at 844-377-7787 (DR- PRP-US).